Los Angeles, CA dentist offers a wide selection of general dentistry services
At the Center for Holistic Dentistry, patients in the Los Angeles, CA community seeking holistic and general dentistry services can now speak to our dentist to determine what we offer. Our dentist, Dr. Mamta Dalwani, has a focus on holistic and biocompatible solutions for improving and maintaining oral health. General dentistry is the field of dental work that focuses on standard dental services. Some of the services offered in our facility include:
- Safe silver amalgam removal – studies continue to show that silver amalgam, a material used for years in fillings, is comprised of approximately 50% mercury. Mercury is a toxic substance to the human body. When patients eat their food or drink hot beverages, these fillings can release mercury toxins. Not only does Dr. Mamta Dalwani avoid the use of silver amalgam fillings, but she also provides the safe removal and replacement of these fillings. She follows the strict protocols set forth by the IAOMT to ensure the safety of patients and staff during removal.
- Dental cleanings – every six months, patients should arrive at the office to obtain a thorough dental cleaning with our team. Our dental hygienists can remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria from the smile with a professional deep cleaning in the chair. This also allows our professionals to make a note of any dental concerns that may need to be conveyed with the dentist for further evaluation.
- Dental examinations – in addition to obtaining a full cleaning of the teeth and gums, patients will undergo a dental exam during this same appointment. The dentist will look for signs of problems such as the early stages of periodontal disease or symptoms of tooth decay. Dr. Mamta Dalwani will provide a proper diagnosis and discuss with patients the treatments they may require. Some visits include dental x-rays, which allow the dentist the opportunity to evaluate the smile past what is visible in the mouth. Many conditions can be caught early for successful intervention before they become a much bigger—and more expensive—problem.
- Dental restorations – restoring natural teeth is also a part of general dentistry. When trauma occurs, patients may need repair of one or more teeth in the smile. Dental restorations commonly used in our practice include composite resin bonding, composite fillings, and dental crowns. Dental crowns are made with porcelain, a biocompatible, and an attractive solution for teeth that have extensive damage. These restorations are custom-designed for our patients to ensure they blend in with the smile.
- Composite resin bonding – if a tooth is chipped or perhaps spaced apart, this can result in unwanted imperfections. Instead of using materials such as metal that are not appropriate for the smile, our dentist will focus on the use of composite resin bonding. This material has the same appearance as natural tooth enamel when cured, filed, and polished. This material can be used to cover any imperfections in the same way porcelain veneers can.
Which services are appropriate for me?
During routine dental visits every six months, all patients will benefit from a dental examination and a thorough dental cleaning. Other services may be provided during this same appointment, depending on the unique needs of the patient and the conditions that are found. We can develop a treatment plan for patients who need extensive dental work, which may include restorative and cosmetic dental procedures. Patients are welcome to ask our staff about other methods that can be used to enhance their smile and improve oral health.
Why choose Dr. Mamta Dalwani?
Dr. Mamta Dalwani has over a decade of experience providing quality dental solutions for patients in the Santa Monica area and has membership and affiliation with many organizations, including the West Los Angeles Dental Society, the California Dental Association, and the American Dental Association. With years of experience and a holistic approach, she can assist patients in achieving the smile of their dreams!
Schedule a visit with Dr. Mamta Dalwani today!
Patients of the Los Angeles, CA area interested in learning more about the Center for Holistic Dentistry and the variety of services offered are welcome to request an appointment. Patients can call our front office to schedule their visit at (310) 340-0153 and visit at 12381 Wilshire Boulevard, Ste. 103. Our facility encourages new and existing patients to consider quality care with our holistic dentist.