Dental Veneers at Center for Holistic Dentistry, Los Angeles
Porcelain veneer treatment is one of the most sought-after in cosmetic dentistry. Most people assume that veneers are intended for the sole purpose of improving the appearance of the smile. However, Dr. Altman and Dr. Dalwani often perform the veneer process to resolve a functional or cosmetic issue.
Veneers are an excellent solution for concerns such as:
- Spacing issues and gaps between teeth
- Excessive wear which has changed the length or shape of a tooth or teeth
- Cracks, fractures, or chips
- Unevenness that makes some teeth appear longer than others
We are not satisfied until your smile has become all you want it to be. For this reason, we are meticulous in the steps we take to design and place porcelain veneers. Much of the process takes place before we ever touch your teeth.
It is important to note that dental veneers can be made from composite material as well as porcelain. We choose porcelain because it is most like enamel in every aspect of appearance. In the hands of a master ceramist, which we use, porcelain mimics the tiny nuances of your teeth.
The veneer process
- During your consultation for porcelain veneers, we will gather necessary data through a full set of x-rays and a full set of intra oral photographs.
- Dr. Altman and Dr. Dalwani will perform an esthetics analysis that allows you to identify the characteristics you want for your smile. In our Smile Gallery, you will see a wide variety of shapes, shades, lengths, and other details from which you may choose.
- Based on the findings of your esthetics analysis, we will order a wax-up. This model of your restorations provides the opportunity to see your new smile. If there are any changes you would like to make, we can accommodate them at this time.
- Once you have approved your restorations, we will schedule an appointment to prepare your teeth.
- Only .3 to 1 mm reduction is necessary to facilitate a secure, comfortable fit.
- Once your teeth have been prepared, we will place temporary veneers from your wax-up. This gives you the chance to try your enhanced smile before your final veneers are placed.
- When you return for the placement of your final restorations, you can still request changes if there is anything about veneers that does not fully satisfy you. Dr. Altman and Dr. Dalwani will evaluate your veneers at this time, as well.
- Veneers are bonded to your teeth. With proper care, they can remain in place for years.
- We provide you with an occlusal guard to wear while you sleep. This protects your teeth and restorations from grinding and clenching.
Call (310) 340-0153 to learn more about porcelain veneers.