Dental Implants at Center for Holistic Dentistry, Los Angeles
There was a time when traditional dentures were the only option available for individuals with missing teeth. Thanks to advances in technology and surgical techniques, today’s dental patients have a better alternative. Dental implant treatment is as close to recreating a natural tooth as medically possible.
Why choose implants
Dental implants are widely considered the gold standard tooth replacement option, by dentists and patients alike. The benefits include:
- Implants mimic the anatomy of a tooth, for a natural feeling and appearance
- Rock-solid stability allows you to eat what you want without worries
- Implants can last a lifetime with good oral health
- Unlike traditional dentures and bridges, implants will help your jawbone stay strong and healthy
- Customizable solution for replacing one, multiple, or all teeth
About the procedure
Implant planning is a restorative based decision. That means we begin by determining the ideal size, shape, location, and appearance of the restoration (replacement tooth). The best type and precise location of the implant is chosen accordingly.
- The first step is a consultation and evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for implants
- We create a wax model of your smile, which allows you and the doctor to “preview” the results
- Once the design is fine-tuned, an oral surgeon completes the implant placement procedure
- A temporary restoration is placed immediately, so your smile is not incomplete during healing
- Once the bone has healed and fused itself to the implant, the permanent restoration is placed
- The entire process takes an average of three to four months, although the exact timing varies by patient
If you are considering dental implants, please visit our office for a consultation. Center for Holistic Dentistry is located in Los Angeles, serving patients throughout Southern California. Call us at (310) 340-0153 and schedule your appointment today.