Ozone Dentistry at Center for Holistic Dentistry, Los Angeles
Ozone is among the most misunderstood elements. It is often mistakenly referred to as a pollutant, and many people think it is unhealthy. In fact, the opposite is true. Ozone is a variation of oxygen, which has many therapeutic uses. Its benefits have been researched and documented extensively.
Ozone is a natural substance, which can often take the place of caustic chemicals and invasive techniques.
- Kills infective microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi on contact
- Improves blood flow
- Amplifies immune responses
- Speeds healing and decreases risk of post-surgical infections
We create customized trays, which connect to a machine that directly delivers therapeutic ozone. The upper tray is worn and connected to the machine for about 10-12 minutes, then the process is repeated for the lower tray. The entire procedure takes about 30 minutes.
Your trays are reusable and will be kept here in our office for future use, so you won’t need to have impressions taken every time.
How we use ozone
At Center for Holistic Dentistry in Los Angeles, ozone is used as part of, or an adjunct to, many treatments.
- Every tooth is disinfected with ozone prior to placing a filling or crown
- For children, ozone is used before applying dental sealant
- Ozone therapy is an important aspect of periodontal treatment
- Dr. Altman and Dr. Dalwani recommend ozone therapy along with teeth cleaning, to maintain optimal oral health
- Patients are welcome to schedule ozone appointments as often as they wish
Ozone therapy is just one of many benefits of advanced holistic dentistry. Drs. Altman and Dalwani with the team of Center for Holistic Dentistry are committed to helping you enjoy optimal health and wellness, using safe, natural products and techniques. If you are ready to discover a different kind of dental care, call us at (310) 340-0153 and schedule an appointment.